Starkey University Graduates New Loan Officers
Starkey University Bootcamp #3 graduates pictured (from left to right) with Doug Casbon, Starkey Mortgage EVP- National Production Manager; Victoria Vacek, Luke Willmon, Taylor Moise and Jim Clapp, Starkey Mortgage President & Chief Financial Officer.
Starkey University, the formal training department for Starkey Mortgage, recently graduated two new licensed loan officers and a new loan officer assistant following their successful completion of Bootcamp #3.
- Victoria Vacek is now a loan officer based in our Houston, Texas office.
- Taylor Moise is now a loan officer based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
- Luke Willmon is now a loan officer assistant based in our Huntsville, Alabama office supporting Chad Cantrell.
The Starkey University Bootcamp accepts enthusiastic recent college graduates, who have had a couple of year’s sales experience (finance or banking experience not required) and teaches them the best practices of Mortgage 101. Over four months, the students undertook a three-module course with XINNIX in addition to ongoing training by the Starkey University Training Team. The students learned how to properly complete a 1003 mortgage application form, understand credit documents including the credit report, the finer points of the numerous loan programs offered by Starkey Mortgage, data integrity and how to input data into the company’s loan origination system (LOS), LoanSphere® Empower®.
Nationwide the mortgage industry is finding it challenging to attract millennials to join the industry. Starkey Mortgage is proud of the success we have achieved in attracting and retaining recruits from outside the industry. Previous Bootcamp graduates who have gone on to establish successful careers as loan officers in their region are:
- Tyler Hickernell in Greensboro, NC
- Zach Davidson in Atlanta, GA
- Dylan Casbon in Atlanta, GA
- Brett Kiker in Charlotte, NC
- Skylar Darr in Houston (Clear Lake), TX
- Cameron Phelps in Austin TX